Saturday, May 8, 2010

Glendalough Wedding

Shot a wedding recently for a lovely couple - Sophia and Michael.  The wedding was held in the spectacular venue of Glendalough and the reception in the Brooklodge.
The night before the wedding I was worried to say the least because the weather forecast was not good - cold and wet..!  Typical of this country of ours...  However, I woke up to sunshine and blue skies.  So with some hope in our hearts, Siobhan (my trusted assistant) and I drove down to Glendalough with fingers and toes crossed for good weather.  It never ceases to amaze me how the countryside is transformed by sunshine and Wicklow is just gorgeous.  As it turned out, the day was perfect and we got some lovely shots for the couple both by the upper lake and also at the hotel.  I’ve posted a small selection of photos below.